Saturday 2 October 2010

Tattoo Or No Tattoo

I'm not sure but I've been considering getting a tattoo of my Korean name.. but not sure if i should. Also weither or not I already have tattoos is my own private business, while visiting my birth family I got a feeling they didn't appreciate tattoos that much....
Since I'm in the process of regaining my Korean name I'm not really sure it would be that good to go around with your actual name on your body...

♥쳐음은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts:

Things To Do

2 comments:

  1. I have at times toyed with that idea as well. I know other KADs have done it, though I also realize that tattoos don't seem nearly as socially acceptable in Korea. Even so..I'd like to think it's a personal choice and if it's meaningful for the person getting it, that's all that matters. Rather than my Korean name, right now I'm considering getting a family nickname in Korean to fuse the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to give my two cents--I "thought" I knew my Korean name, but when I actually looked at my files, I realized that it was a random name that HOLT gave to me when I was in their care. I later asked my birthmom about it, and she said she didn't come up with a name for me because she wasn't allowed to see me when I was born. She just calls me "Mica" now.

    I think I'd feel super stupid if I had gotten a tattoo of my Korean name and then learned about all this. I think my case number is more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete