Monday 4 October 2010

Right Or Wrong

First of all there's no right or wrong when comes to children's upbringing or the adoptees feeling of identity. The latter which may change or develop at any given time during his or her life. And there's nothing wrong with that!
Adoptees has one criteria in common, only one out of a thousand different ones. So with that said I believe you raiseyouradoptedchildrenintheexactsameway and this is because we all are different individuals with different stories and family constructions etc.

I can understand why it would be upseting for my adoptive parents that I suddenly want to get to know my birth culture and birth family. But they shouldn't be surprised since I suppose it is one of many ordinary reactions to a reunion with an adoptees birth family. But my adoptive parents really think I'm crazy, ungrateful and whatever else as far as they are concerned they're right as always and of course I'm wrong as always, at least according to them... My feelings and experiences is the only thing I own that I could say that I own without feeling guilty so why do I feel like I'm the one causing trouble...

I'm not saying that you as a prent should favorize one of your children and put the other one over the others... No, of course not, I realize that difference between this and trying to be the best adoptive parent to your children isn't an easy task. I do say adoptive parents , even though I don't generally like the use of the term adoption or adoptive sometimes it is needed to point out what you mean. Being an adoptive parent is different than being a parent by nature (biological parent)...

One more thing, try not to generalize when it comes to your own children, you're supposed to be the person that knows your children the best. Don't assume that their interests and needs will be the same as some one elses. Listen to your children, they understand more than you think. Read between the lines and involve your child in matters that is about their life. All children are different, adoption or biology aside.

♥쳐음은안녕.Bye for now.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Reason Why I Shouldn't

No comments:

Post a Comment