Saturday 27 November 2010

Neverending Challenge

I will never be fully accepted as a Swede or a Korean no matter what I do.
I'm most likely to be accepted as a KAD in most parts of the world, but not everywhere.
When I learned that Korean adoptees would be able to apply for joint Korean citizenship it seemed like a nice oppertunity. But now I'm not sure I don't think I will since I never will be accepted as a fellow Korean in Korea no matter what official laws might say. I'm doomed to live in lonelines in constant limbo.

I'm not sure what I prefer someone who regards me as a foreigner for a change or someone who thinks of me as a Swede based on my behaviour...


챠금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Identity Rambles

1 comment:

  1. I've debated about the dual citizenship, too, but am mostly scared to pursue it. As interested as I am in honoring my Korean heritage, I feel like no matter what I do, I would never truly 'fit in' in Korea..

    ReplyDelete