Saturday 29 January 2011

Summary Of Trip

To foreigners, real foreigners not KADS; Koreans will seem like friendly people and Korea like a friendly country and yes they are to KADS as well but like I said me not knowing Korean something I should now from birth makes me the equivalent of a foreigner and as I embark on my new project to learn Korean I will not recieve praise for my aquired knowledge since I'm just supposed to know it. ...

And the above statement might be true for some and more a prejudice to others, take your pick.
The lessons learned from my reunion and first Korean trip are many, Korea has in some way industrialized more compared to Sweden too some degrees yet I prefer Sweden over Korea since it's what I know best. But I can't help but too feel like Korea is a country that I some day might consider living in.

First of all, if you consider going with your adoptive parents to Korea, think again or rethink it more than twice. Speaking out of personal experience, you'll discover so many new impressions and develop new intense feelings. Of course I don't encourage KADs to never include their adoptive parents on a Korean trip, maybe not just the very first one...

And about a reunion or first meeting with birth family, let your gut tell you if you should let them meet or not...

Those who claim that a trip back to your birth country doesn't change something or those who claim that a reunion doesn't change anything. Yes, that might be true for some. But not only I but also ther KADs say the same thing; going to Korea on possible or planned reunion with birth family will change a lot about you...

Depending on what mood I'm in my answer to the question if I would have requested reunion, looked for birth family and all that... The answer to that question differs, although I'm happy knowing that my birth parents really seemed like nice people, caring and loving parents to my other siblings. I'm convinced that they all love me, now that I've somewhat entered their life again. At least that's what they say and I believe them or want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Actually I feel humble, and very loved even more so now... and yes I love my Korean birth family too.

Sometimes when I'm talking too mum she acts as if she either don't understand or can't hear or alternatively ignores me... One other thing I hate is when people tells me what to, so annoying!? Like the other day my dad suggested what I should wish for as a birthday present... I might have wanted a thing like that for Christmas which doesn't mean I'll like it for my birthday. Truth to be told I hate birthdays; I prefer Christmas celebration if I had to choose.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts

Reunion

Best And Worst Day

First Few Days

Shopping

Day One

No comments:

Post a Comment