Thursday 27 January 2011

What I Wish For

As an adoptee my constant wish is that adoptees and especially KADS will be able to find their birth families if they would like too. And whenever I hear of a reunited KAD I do become happy and warm inside, although I know that based on my own experiences growing up as an adoptee and KAD is a difficult thing.
Of course this wish only goes for those adoptees and especially KADs that wants to get to know their roots, birth families and so on and no not every adoptee wants  knowledge of the past and what could have been.

In adoption you always knows what an adoptee gets but you can never ever know what life would have turned out be if the circumstances would have been slightly different, completely opposite or even similar.

I never knew writing an thesis would be this difficult like I stuggle very hard work like 20 + hours a day to edit by instructions and then it turns out my tutor still considers me to have ignored his suggested and recommended changes.. Now it seems like I'm not going to present my thesis on Friday. Then I wonder when it will be.. because I'm no longer studying there and I have no place to live anymore, not there close to the University anyways.

Yesterday it started snowing yet again, will the snow ever disappear... Of course it's only January but it better not be snowing on my birthday... Nothing feels better than a hot cup of saffron tea when it's cold and winter outside...

Once again I find myself in a similar situation to the one that occured in Korea last summer, whenever I act or do things my parents considers to be a good decision they always, always seems to care too much to the point that it becomes freaking ridicolous !!?? I'm not five anymore I don't want too listen to any of you I'm over 20 in case you havn't noticed yet, thank you very much.



© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Wall

Love

2 comments:

  1. I'm 24 and my mom still asks me if I finished my work on-time and turned in all my papers! It makes me eager to be out of university so that she will stop asking. I wish you lots of luck with your thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, okay. I did not know the whole back story. It sounds like you've been through a lot with your parents. I do wonder what will happen with my mom's and my relationship if I ever reunite with birth family. It seems like there's no easy or possible way to truly prepare for that change.

    ReplyDelete