Tuesday 4 January 2011

The Many Cases Of Separation

It has to be said now that I think about, relating to my life, that I experienced my first case of separation as soon as I was born. The second time and third time that I went through the same procedure was at 2 months, when I finally was going to be adopted to Sweden.

A separation of a child from its biological family is not something that should be practized if it can be avoided.
If I look back at my own life I know that even if I don't want too admit it is that in order too achieve an international adoption you need at least one separation + adoption which ultimately would result in a trauma. Explained as intercountry adoption + adoption = trauma.

I don't think I was aware of my supposed trauma from my childhood years and infant period. What I believe is that the level of trauma increased and intensified begun to do so once I begun to search for my birth family. It might have gotten even more apparent once I went on my reunion trip back to Korea.

There are times when I think that I shouldn't have been so persistent to find them, because I now at least at times feel even more lost and for that I have no one but myself to blame.

By the way now I have changed the post setting to Swedish time zone Stockholm and British English settings instead of Swedish.


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Unanswered Questions

Conspiracies

Rejection

No comments:

Post a Comment