Tuesday 18 January 2011

Precious Moments And Freezing Time

Although it took me over 20 years to return to my birth country and to be reunited with my birth family, I still felt strange. The first few days everything was fresh and new it felt like walking on egg shells. But still it still felt like I was a young child instead of a grown woman in my 20s. My Omma insisted of feeding me with her chopsticks and honestly despite the fact that it felt weird it also was something I longed for. My educated guess is that it sounds ludicrous, yet it really was something to remember for the rest of my life...

Something I believed I never would have had the chance to experience. But I did. However at times it did feel a bit uncomfortable especially when we were all out eating in public.

I guess for them, it wasn't like 20 years had passed even though I returned in my 20s I to them was nothing more than a young child. Everything they missed to do with me they wanted to do for me, not only my Omma feed me but also my Oppa and my Onni's. They not only feed me but they also wanted to sleep next to me at night.

If anybody else had attempted to do what my birth family did or longed for I would have refused. Uncomfortable or not, I guess but I and my birth family needed to get a chance to materialize everything they thought they lost and never would have an oppertunity to do.

When I return I may not be older then at the most 2 years old but that is allright. I'll accept that if that is what I have to do or maybe more so if I can't change it. Yet their unconditional love could not be mistaken and all those akward and weird moments I am extremely greatful for....

 Don't ask me what I did, since I only remember those small acts of kindness and love. That is what I'll remember and treasure forever and for the rest of my life...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts:

Preparing Reunion

Best And Worst Day

First Few Days 

No comments:

Post a Comment