Wednesday 10 November 2010

Day 1

We ended the day on a nearby Korean restaurant were you prepared your barbequed meet in the table. This was also the very first time that I tried samgyeopsal, the only Korean food my dad seems to wholeheartedly accept and which made it impossible for me to continue eating my minimal amount of meat and why I decide to try LCHF diet. But most importantly it is also half of the title or address of this blog.

But fact is the day didn't end at the restaurant we continued on to a smaller Italian coffeeshop, were we talked and had a photosession. Korean coffee is really mild and maybe even bland while the Western and European coffees are very strong almost remotely.

The next day we went to a big shopping street with nice souvernirs and my birth family even insisted of giving me a gift as a memory and keepsake of my distant but real and present Korean family. Since dad was the only male among the three of us he was often asked where he would like to eat and every time we ended up at a Korean barbeque restaurant.

After lunch mum and decided to return to the shopping street and I requested if I could have some time alone with my birth parents. One of my older siblings who knew English was with us interpreting. We went to a cozy Korean coffeeshop and had some time for some bonding and talking. After that we went back to the shopping street area to meet my mum and dad and to part or different ways.

The following day we wouldn't meet my birth family until later in the evening for the big event, the soccer game between Korea and Nigeria and the whole nation was uniting and dressing up in red to cheer on their national champions...

♥ 챠금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Best And Worst Day

Preparing

Resemblance

No comments:

Post a Comment