Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Best And Worst Day Of My Life

The best of my 24th years long life is without a doubt the first meeting with my birth family in Korea for obvious reasons. It is not an exageration when I say that it was something I had longed, wished and dreamed of for about 19 years or so...

But it also was the worst moment of my 24th years old long life, unfortunately.. Why ? Well to be honest is was all because of my adoptive parents who had insisted on joining me on my first reunion trip ever to Korea. The second reason is due to my experience of several, all and strong feelings simultaneously; feeling happy yet sad, relieved and anxious, fitting in yet standing out. Getting answers to my 20 years old long questions but also creating new ones while there...

Also sometimes my mum and dad are really unfair, demanding me to act like a robot, than expecting me to be fine if they reprimand me and than not understanding if I get mad or uppset if they cause a scene out in public. This is usually what happens on our family vacations and it's unfortunately not a lie.. It's true but it was the last time I allowed that to happen for sure... Things will be different from now on, bet my words...

However it was not only the best day of my life but also the best moments, and trip forever despite my parents ability to destroy my bliss of family happiness...
The first meeting was planned on our second day in Korea at the adoption agency's office with the assisstance of the social worker who had helped both me and my birth family to get in contact but also with translation and planning of the reunion. The social worker would act like an interpretor and possibly also help assist us all if there would questions or missunderstandings because of cultural diffferences...

Both you and dad tried to be supportive but constantly asking if I'm allright or assume tha it's difficult really isn't making things any easier...

♥쳐금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Preparing For Reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment