Friday 26 August 2011

My Family II

When you get to know people for the very first time they usually ask for your name, age and family. But for me the later is a bit complicated to answer, sometimes they want another answer like where's you're family from ?

That's also a complicated question because I'm an adoptee which means I have the same citizenship as my adoptive parents. Which is way I suppose some people thinks I'm lying when I say I'm Swedish.
Foreigners or mostly immigrants doesn't understand what adoption means and I've tried to explain it but I have very little pacience when it comes to this. Trying to explain something that goes against someone's religion or ubringing usually means trouble.

I have a Swedish adoptive family with one mum and one dad and a younger sibling. But I also have another family: my Korean birth family which consists of one mother and one father, several daughters and sons.

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

나의 가족

Dual Citizenship

No Man's Land

Language Struggle

Asian Values

Abstract Art

Perfect World

Writing Something

No comments:

Post a Comment