Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Bucket List

  1. Learn Korean (one way or another)
  2. Stay in Korea for a 3 months stay
  3. Visit Korea for Lunar New Year
  4. Visit Korea for Liberation Day
  5. Live in Korea for one year
  6. Apply for Korean citizenship !?
  7. Have a Korean wedding in Korea
  8. Go on honeymoon to Korea

6: I guess I might not be in a position to make a final decision about a supposed dual citizenship application. There may be more negative things than compared to positive. 7 and 8; only applicable if I ever fall in love...

Yesterday I watched three Korean movies; the first one was 200 Pounds Beauty, 미녀는 괴로워where the protagonist is weighing 200 pounds at the start of the movie but after successful plastic surgery she gets the life she wants to live. It makes me wonder if plastic surgery really is that common in Korea ? I know that Korea is infamous overseas for their plastic surgeries.. but somehow I'm not sure if it's that common among the overall population... I should have watched that as the last one not the first as the other two were really, really sad romantic stories...

The second one was A Millionarie's First Love 백만장자의 첫사랑 , a very touching story of love that was never mean to be. You would probably think that one was the saddest movie that I watched, but actually you're completely wrong.

A Moment To Remember 내 머리속의 지우개 was actually the saddest even though there was no death, but loss of memory instead...

I really wonder what consequences a dual citizenship could have, would it mean that you would risk being deported there or being forced to serve in compulsory military training ?

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Olympic Stadium

Bread Recepies

Kimchi Thoughts

To Do

No comments:

Post a Comment