Wednesday 6 July 2011

Writing Something

I do realize my personal limits, after my name change there's a lot of things I realized that I might not be able to do...

Like for example pulishing a book, be on TV or whatever public activity you can think of and then there's another thing which would be to get married. Although many Swedish women don't take their husband's or spouse's surname (which I know that most Korean women didn't do either).

Why is that ?

My name is unique I'm the only in Sweden who have those names in that particular order like that, spelled just like that and that version togheter with those other personal names...

I havn't been thinking any more about future plans (like publishing a book or becoming a writer) and I have especially not been thinking about big life altering decisions. My dad's birthday is by the end of the summer and yesterday I asked him what kind of cake he would like for his birthday. That's how boring or interesting my life is right now. Let's just say I bake a lot these days...

But earlier this week I started thinking about writing a novel about adoption seen from several different perspectives and over several decades.. I'll say no more.

Speaking about adoption yesterday I mentioned Australia and the Stolen generation which also apparently has had a history of abandonment of children of mixed race and also of children whose parents are of differents beliefs... (but of course there could be more examples here) . Remind you that I'm not an expert I'm just an adult adoptee (and no I'm not an Australian adoptee...) But even so I think it is important to talk about these things... Which reminds me of a novel that we had to read in school by Sally Morgan called My Place...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Family Values

Killing Me

What's Seoul

No comments:

Post a Comment