Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Foreign Tourist

My story started 25 years and 9 months ago, this is my second trip back. I've decided to return to Korea to get to know real Korean life not tourist Korea. I was born in Korea back in 1986 and now I've returned 25 years later.

I will hopefully be staying with my birthfamily but I'll be on my own durign the day, which means I can still  be a foreign tourist in Korea although I was born here and both my parents are Koreans as well as all my siblings.

Improvement of Hangul so far: no improvement noticed. 

I'm not sure how I'll approch this trip since it isn't a typical vacation trip, I know it's more of a family trip or reunion trip. But I think it's best to treat it as a language trip of some sort.

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

1 comment:

  1. You won't really improve your Korean until you step foot in Korea itself.

    Also, don't let yourself be overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete