Sunday 21 August 2011

Inside My Head

There's so many thoughts and ideas in my head right now. There's so much I want to do. And in reality just so much I could do.


I've been thinking of weither or not adoptees have a certain process before connecting with adoptive parents... And if there really is any truth to the supposed trauma that both adoptees and birth mother feels. As I'm over 18 years old I've also started thinking more and more about ways to find a job and if there are something that makes it extraordinary when an adoptee tries to find a job in Sweden which also ties into my name change. And adoptees and name changes which are a totally different and complicated subject.

Is blood really thicker than water? Can you call yourself Korean just because you're born there (and because your birth family outnumbers your adoptive family)..?


As my trip is approching superfast, I start to realize what is to come without even knowing... I don't even know where I'll be staying, kind of exciting I suppose but what if you already have lacking orientation skills?

I know (or presume) that my birth family not only loves me but also are proud of me for being a foreigner with killer English skills and so much more. But I wonder what life there with them will turn out to be, as an adoptee can I really expect my birth family to introduce me to their friends while out in public ?

I better take a pass on that one.

See why it sometimes get's complicated ? I wish i had a basic answer to avoid getting in to long discussions or being accussed of being a liar but so far I have failed. Maybe it gets further complicated by the fact that since I mostly watch Korean historical costume dramas so far the words I've managed to learn by heart are: 왕 (wang as the surname) meaning king, 여왕 (yeowang) meaning queen, 왕자 (wangja) prince, 공주 (gongju) princess, 공격 (kongjukara) meang attack, ahjusi (older man not directly related), ahjumma (older female not related), 난 네가 좋아 meaning I like you, 죄송합니다,반말,미안헤 I'm sorry.

And no I don't like that Swedish Ziperall thing, why? First of all I think you look like a giant baby, despite the fact that it's very comfortable. And if you pull the zipper all the way up you look even wore like a ganster or someone in a corpse bag. And what about the price, it looks horrible nevermind if it's Swedish or not. But hey that's just me I'm going to stick with my jumpsuits and onepiezes instead.

Here's clubs I would be a member of (if they existed)
  1. Say No To Facebook
  2. I Don't Want A Ziperall Because It's Ugly

Yesterday my cat had a slight encounter with a great green bush cricket I think it bit him... And no I don't live out in the bush.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle
Related posts:

Korean Cuisine

Adoption Day

New Leaf

Kimchi Thoughts

Closing Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment