Friday 19 August 2011

The Scale

To me there are no differences between them (my two families) , even if the love I feel for my birth family is different than the one I have for my adopted family. Maybe it's strange but I guess it could be the cultural gap thing for one. The second is that one family never knew me before I was 20 or so years old. That's a huge difference because the other family was fortunate enough to raise me, see me grow up and son on...

I really wonder how a birth family remembers a child they adopted and that later returned... Do they feel any different for that child? Do they really recognize their once adopted child as one of their children or do they think of the child as a native of his or hers adoptive parents country?
How then do adoptive parents relate to their adoptive children? Are they truely recognized as their daughter, do they even realize that their parenthood was a result from another woman's decision to relinquish their newborn child? Do adoptive parents feel the need to keep a link to their adoptive children/childrens birth culture or do they feel like the adoptee has put on another costume (once the adoption was finalized) ?

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Weil

Wall

Epiphany

Maze

No comments:

Post a Comment