Monday 21 March 2011

Language Struggle

I'm not sure what I percieved that my attempts to learn Korean would lead too.. but it is so far really, really frustrating. I have all this motivation and inspiration and I am eager to learn but it's harder than I thought it would be. I think I'll have start watching Korean dramas again, which I stopped doing when I started studying since I didn't have the time for it. What a contradiction, but watching Korean dramas is not that hard to do. It is fun, and you get a hint about pronounciation and supposedly spelling too. Which I desperatly need to improve like yesterday.

 I could also try to translate the letters I've gotten from my siblings, potentially this will prove to be the most time consuming part. I do expect more frustration to occur...

I'm not willing to give up just yet as this seems to be the only way for me to be able to have a potentially more ordinary relationship with my siblings and also would be benefital to me when or if I decide to apply for Korean citizenship and live an independent life in South Korea.

But has the tsunami, earth quake and more importantly nuclear disaster affected Korea? I'm not sure, I so far havn't gotten any indication whatsoever. I believe it could be closing in on Japan very soon if it hasn't done so already...


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

한글

Korean Language

Korean Slang

Native Language

No comments:

Post a Comment