Friday 29 July 2011

Kimchi Thoughts

I seriously have to brush up on my Korean language skills or start memorizing the most common basic terms in Korean. For instance nice too see you, it's delicious, see you later, see you tomorrow, good night, how much is this ? why?how come ?

There's a commercial in Sweden from an insurrance company where one add mentions a language pill, a pill that would make you start speaking another language after having taken the pill... Oh, if that could be true but no it isn't I'll just have to live my live by trying to achieve everything that I want the hard way without taking any shortcuts. But I guess life would be ratter boring if everything was easy...

The gift I sent some months ago to my Korean friend has finally arrived about two - three months overdue. Well at least I know it worked, I had almost started to think it was lost forever. But all is well, and a friend now has a Swedish jewelary presumely hanging around her neck.

I delibrately didn't make a hotel reservation for this trip, since I had hoped to stay with my Korean family this time around. But I'm not sure if that is how I will be living during my trip I might end up having to saty at an hotel afterall... What really worries me is that I need a valid address for someone (just so I can have an address for the emigration form on the plane)... Of course I have at least two addresses that I possibly could use but I'm not really sure if I will be able to use any of them. I really hope my birth family will be able to look after me this time, giving me a place too stay that is not spending all 24 hours with me. Maybe I'm being to selfish again and taking things for granted, overlooking things...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Takeoff Preparations

Absent Minded

More To Chew

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how far Sweden is from Korea, but when I sent snail mail letters overseas (Canada -> Taiwan), it took about 2.5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dimly recall reading a post on your blog where you said you're planning to fly back to Korea in a few months - I don't recall the post saying how long you were staying for.

    Based on your previous posts, I think? you've reunited with your Korean family? And then are planning to do Trip #2 to Korea this time?

    If that is the case, I thought I'd let you know I can certainly relate, as I've reunited with my family (in Taiwan) which was 2 years ago, and am likely to return overseas this fall for a year.

    I stayed with them the first time but this second time will probably not be, due to circumstances and the person who will be accompanying me.

    You can follow my name, it leads to my blog and my thoughts about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mei - Ling, yes you're quite right I've been reunited with my Korean family. The reunion trip and actual reunion took place back in 2010 and everything happened then and there. I havn't mentioned the length of my trip yet since I wasn't sure how long I would be staying. There's a lot of things to take into consideration, because ultimately my birth family will have to be all right with it.

    Oh, Mei-Ling I know that you have been reunited with your birth family too (I read your blog every time you've written a new post) and I must say your blog is very good...

    Thanks, for letting me know that I'm not alone in this process.

    ReplyDelete