Tuesday 10 May 2011

Step Forward

I wrote an entry some time ago about the economic development in Korea ... This would mean it would be likely that Korean (inter country) adoption might decrease in the near future and eventually cease. But I guess it's a long time left, changes don't happen over night.

The change would seem to become even more apparent once domestic adoption within Korea increase which it already is starting to show signs off...

This would mean that less Western people would be able to adopt Korean children, which means they either had to choose between another country or decide to try IVF treatments and alike. Not that I'm an expert in this area. In India for example you can choose a young woman to carry the child for you. (this is not really what this post is about, and well it's discusting I'd say since you basically take advantage of the poor and often vulnerable women.

I personally don't like inter country adoption no matter what the circumstances. Yet I realize what it has given me and at the same time forced me to give up, my life might be better seen in Western standards but also lonelier and maybe also emptier. I'm not sure, all I know is that I felt incomplete before last summer but I'm still confussed.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Complete Fullfilment

Weil

Comparison Game

Gratefulness

Perfect Adoptee

No comments:

Post a Comment