Wednesday 4 May 2011

Catch 22

There's a glimmer of hope I might, just might be able to visit Korea for a second time really soon. Maybe. Hopefully. Sort of likely.

Of course I would have to make all neccessary arrangeements (like confirming with my siblings which dates I should come and where I should live... And for how long.) Maybe on Chuseok 2011 (which is on 12th September this year). Lasting until 15th September meaning 3 days payed holiday. Or til Korean New Year.

As much as I can't wait to go there I'm also afraid of going there myself, would it hurt my adoptive parents if I did .. Honestly though my Omma and Appa aren't that young anymore and I would like to visit Korea at least once more, to meet my birth parents.

This time I'm sure I will not get cold feet, we're no longer strangers yet we don't know each other that well yet. Because 10 months time is not that long, 10 months out 20 + years that's not very long time. Approximately it's the equivalent of the time I spent inside my mother , before being born. In a way you could say the reunion trip was like a second pregnancy with me.

Hopefully it will be less of a catch 22 although this entire experience has been something unknown and unfamiliar yet also very much catch 22. I really don't want to relive the past summer, although it was what enabled us all to get this far.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:
Advice

Reasons

Challenge

Illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment