Monday 9 May 2011

Perfect Adoptee

I should never let me guard down, people always disapoints me. Why should I let myself be fooled from to time... !? No, I will trust in no one or rather continue the trust the few people that actually care about me. Otherwise I will be disapointed ever time and yes I'm usually to nice for my own good. And that's it, I'm no more Mr Nice guy let me tell you.

I know that there are adoptive parents that rejects the first offer of a child that they are given, which could be for a number of reasons. But again that to me seems very selfish, why? Usually the woman and expecting mother gets no knowledge of presumed illnesses or disabilities that that child may have, there are exceptions of course and then the mother is usually given the choice between keeping the child or an abortion.
Of course caring for a disabled child may be an even greater responsibility and if that's the reason for rejecting a child than I might be more prone to accept it, than if you're simply turning someone down because of wrong gender (especially for multiple/twin/triplets).

Usually if it would have been an ordinary pregnancy the expecting mother wouldn't know beforehand about future and likely illnesses and disabilites unless it's genetic. And again, I'm sorry to say that it seems like birth mothers are more likely to keep a disabled child or chronically ill child instead of surrendering their parental rights.

I'm aware of the fact that I might be biased yet again... Can adoptive parents really afford to be picky and wait for the perfect child ? Is there such a thing as a perfect or desired child?


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Experience

Expectations

Birthday Party

What Not

No comments:

Post a Comment