Monday 1 November 2010

The Birthday Party

Many years ago, about 20 years or so I was invited to a birthday party with a mascerade, I don't remember everything but I know I finally decided to go in my Hanbok. Everyone else seemed to have gone through more of an effort because the dressed up like Princess Jasmine from Aladin, Pippi Longstocking, sailors and alike. All the other children were Swedes so I suppose they could pull of anything.

Then there was me a Korean in an ethnic hanbok dress, I even remember the other children talking about me...

Why did you decide to come like that? Couldn't you have dressed up like something else... why didn't you settle for Tinkerbell like you said?

To make things even worse they had a ceremony were everyone was supposed to vote for best dressed boy and girl. I already sensed no one would vote for me so for best dressed girl. At the end of the party there were a ceremony were medallions were handed out. I'm not 100% certain but I do believe I was the only one not given a medallion...

On the way back home I broke down in tears and mum asked me what was wrong and then my dear mum made me my very own gold medallion. I'm not sure if I've saved it or not, but the thing is that really proves how much mum loved me... I truely do believe my mum always has been the best mum for me. I couldn't imagine anyone else. And honestly would anyone else go through so much trouble ?

♥챠금은안녕.Bye for now. ♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Social Discrimination

Mum And I

No comments:

Post a Comment