Tuesday 22 March 2011

The Epiphany

Some time ago I was in contact with other adoptees and the experience was enlightening but scary and I realized a few things. Just because we supposedly have something in common, that doesn't mean we all share the same values, and yes I also learned that some of them I will not name anyone where plain rude and seemed to have contradictive opinions.


Maybe I shouldn't say this... but I'll take my chances.

If it means  I need to share the same values, then I'm really sorry but then I would wish I could turn back time... I'm proud to be Korean, but lately I've also begun to feel ashamed, can't specify exactly why. (At least not here).

I might have less in common with Korean adoptees, maybe even adoptees too, I was greatly mistaken it seems maybe I should widen my search to include all nationalities not just Korean adoptees... But I'm still not ready to accept Swedes into my bloglist or people who blog in Swedish. I'm just not there yet maybe I'll never be...

Coincidentally this happens to be my 250th post Correction, this happens to be my 225th post not 250th which means I missed my 200th post. Over 200th post mark that's only positive I hope, which might not be something really worth celebrating but it's still an achivement and that's something, I suppose. It just so happens that today is the start of spring since it is vernal equinox, meaning that we go from winter time to summer time.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts:

Weil

Lessons

End

1 comment:

  1. The most discouraging part about being adopted (to me) is when you meet other adoptees and find that "being adopted" is about the ONLY thing you have in common.

    But,

    If nothing else, we're all stubborn in our convictions - and twice as cultured as our "natural" counterparts.

    stay up.

    ReplyDelete