Tuesday 15 March 2011

Kitchen Experiments á la Julia Child

Happy White Day (or Black Day for those of you who are singles, involuntary or intentionally)... And it might be hard to feel happy in times like this, relating to the current situation in Japan. I feel for you, but I can't say that I really know what its like... It is still White Day today despite the current situation although I'm not sure how many will celebrate this date this year...

As you might know by now I do enjoy baking both bread and pastries but I also do fancy cooking, so this will be my first post ever of food and recepies. But unfortunately I havn't found any recepies for black food (seeing that it's Black Day) do you happen to know any recepies of black food ?

After some thinking I remember that we have some black Swedish typical food; blodpudding  black pudding and kalops Scotch kallops...











In terms of kitchen icons I would say that Julia Child did much to increase the popularity of cooking and especially French food. I am a big fan of cooking movies like No Reservations featuring Catherine Zeta Jones,  Eat, Pray , Love with Julia Roberts, Its Complicated featuring Meryl Streep which also held the main part in Julie and Julia, the movie about none other than Julia Child.



So my first kitchen experiments resulted in something as peculiar as Cheese Icecream  and Chocolate Soup with Chocolate Parfait, sorry there's no link any recepies I've got from a Swedish book. And by the way the Icecream recepie is a Swedish recepie.



Here's a link to Chocolate Soup recepie but it's not the one I used, and yes another Swedish recepie.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Piece Of Cake

Another Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment