Saturday 11 December 2010

Immigrant Not Foreigner

To me there's a big difference between an immigrant and a foreigner, especially if you know that I have lived in Sweden for minus 2 months of my entire life. To call me a foreigner implies that I'm an unkowing person who recently arrived to Sweden and who might not know any Swedish at all.
I prefer to be called immigrant over foreigner any day, but of course there are exceptions...

The snow has not left Sweden and its beyond cold these days. And I havn't been working any more on my thesis instead I listen to spotify and watch TV (besides sleeping and eating and such). The reason why I hasn't worked anymore on my thesis is that my tutor for one asked to edit my text which I did and conveniently enough he left for Africa the next day. So it's beyond my control, it's not like I can board a plane to Africa and hunt him down. That would be really weird.

When I tell people that I have not only been back to Korea, my mother land they seem excited and want to know basically anything and everything. Once they realize that I have been lucky enough to be reunited with my birth family they think it sounds amazing and want to know even more. But adoptees, might get a bit jelaous once they know that but as a consolation let me tell you that the journey hasn't ended despite my happy ending. A new chapter i my life hasstarted where life can be described as being a circus ballerina walking on a thin line.... I still cry, the tears never seem to end but I'm happy...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Accuracy

Rainbow

Story Of My Life

Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment