Monday 8 November 2010

Good Days And Bad Days Story Of My Life

Lately it seems like the good days are fewer than my bad days. Like a string of pearls in black and white; the black pearls are the bad days and the white pearls are the good days. I know life becomes what you make of out but some things in a persons life can't be changed no matter how hard we try.


(Life before reunion)

I can't change peoples presumptions and opinions about me no matter how hard I try. And of course there's always the present stigma of being a Korean adoptee and especially a young woman.

 People (read some people) either believe I'm an immigrant or someone who offers sex for money, those things are things I can never escape from. But make no mistake, that are the things and prejudices some people presume and just for the record I'm not that kind of person. Not that kind of woman, not that kind of immigrant...

 I have my pride, dignity and my name those are the things in  my life that are only mine to call my own. Everything else has been influenced by others even my childhood, values and memories.

In Korea people recognizes me as one of them but don't really socially accept me because I'm an adoptee. A shameful unwanted person. But of course my birth family seems to be happy that the circle is complete yet their lives has been very different compared to mine they still seem to feel sorry for me. Maybe because they all had each other while I was separated and had to grow up alone. All on my own, sort of without sisters but later with responsibility as an older sister to my younger brother. Not blood related by the way.

♥ 챠금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle


Related posts:

End Of Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment