Wednesday 15 December 2010

Blame The Race

I suppose it would be easy for me to hide behind my ethnicity, if I wanted to.
I could blame people for being racist which I will not do.
When someone accuses me of treating them badly or something I could easily blurt out that it's all because of my ethnic belonging. And what's with this racism talk in Sweden? Ever heard of self - distance please let me keep my candy as they are. They're only candy, at least if you ask me. Don't take yourself so seriously I'm an adopted Korean I like sushi, and my favorite candy is Kina puffar and Geisha. I actually enjoyed watching Oumi for a change, and also the ice cream Nogger Black, please. Too me some people are just so sensitive, generally and statistically speaking that is.

No I will not blame the race, I'm Korean by ethnicity and DNA but my values, upbringing, family, traditions, friends and life style are mostly Swedish. I was raised in Sweden since 2 months old, my native language is naturally Swedish my behaviour is supposedly Western. Yet I'm proud of my Korean heritage but my heritage does not dictate that I constantly should blurt it out, neither will I celebrate Korean holidays because I'm in Sweden. But if or when I return to Korea I would like to try seaweed soup which I suppose I only can have on my birthday or after childbirth... Hopefully I will be able to one day enjoy the Chuseok holiday in Korea. Allright, I have a costum made Hanbok and also Korean wedding ducks which I recieved in Korea so all I need is a Korean boyfriend with husband potential... Because Koreans only marry once....

Hopefully you understand the level of my irony in this post, this post is not to be read as a personal add.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Conspiracies

Koreans

Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment