Thursday 1 September 2011

Jetlag In Korea

Current effects of jetlag: starting to where off.

I have by know been introduced to my entire birthfamily , which feels nice yet very strange. We are family; siblings and sons and daugters to our Korean parents.

Yet since I was adopted as an infant (before 3 months old) I never had a change to learn my native language Korean and my adoptive parents never asked me if I wanted to learn in school. At the time there seemed to be no need for me to know Korean because I had no reason to speak it and no one to talk to. I now realize that I desperately needs to learn as much as I can while here so that I one day can speak , maybe not fluent Korean but enough Korean so that I wouldn't have to rely on interpretators or dictionaries just to have a minor conversation with my 어머니 and 아버지 and of course my siblings.

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Foreign Tourist

Sleepless In Seoul

No comments:

Post a Comment