Wednesday 28 September 2011

Dinner With Family

I've had a couple of family dinners usually with only parts of my birth family sometimes mostly on weekends with my entire birth family. The food has always tasted good and made me wish I could recreate it back home...

Maybe I should tell you how I celebrated Chuseok in Korea?  Oh, well I guess I will either way... First tings first; I once accompanied one sister to the hospital to visit her father-in-law and she even introduced me. That's nice I guess but boy did it feel akward...

Then for the actual holiday Omma came down and the entire family got togheter except for one of my dongsaengs which couldn't come but despite that the family was complete extended family members were there to. We made famous Chuseok food togheter, and then had a food party !.On the second day we visited mountain Bukhasan (which normally would take 3 hours) but like my family guessed it did take me 6 entire hours to climb down the mountain by then they had already gone far ahead and it had gotten really dark. Some nice Koreans guided me to policestation where another Korean were nice enough to offer to take me down the mountain... Then a few hundred meters down I was reunited with my birth family and they had to apologize and then explain that I was there Swedish dongsaeng...

Then later in the evening we visited an ethnic resturant and had a drinking party and by the way neither Soju or the Korean drink was that strong. And I usually don't like alcohol...

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Breakfast With Family

No comments:

Post a Comment