Sunday 18 September 2011

Back Home

Normally I would be attending classes in university or look for jobs going on job interviews and such.. but no instead I'm here. Back in Seoul for a crash course in Korean and culture combining it with a visit at my birth family celebrating Chuseok and 엄마의 생일.


Dad is retired making reparations at home or at our summer house, mum is still working as a teacher and will 60년 turn  this year. My brother is very busy having a big social life, three jobs and is almost never home. He told me some weeks ago that he is considering applying for university studies next semester. Both mym and my brother has gone back to work.. I do feel a little guilty for not staying at home I must confess.

I miss the weekly workouts at the gym with dad and also baking cookies and cakes. I knew beforehand of the Swedish caffeé so I did go there one day and I bought Cinnemon buns to take home. But making them yourelf is the best, nothing beats homemade Cinnemon buns! Trust me.

Learned the other day that my adoptive brother probably will have moved out (to live on his own) by the time I'm back in Sweden. I ceratinly didn't expect that one... About two weeks ago we held a funeral for my paternal grandmother she passed away at the respectable age of 94... Imagine that, I wonder I ever will be that old...

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Latest From Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment