Saturday 10 September 2011

The Korean Way Of Living

Working 6 days a week is a reality for most of siblings but also my birth parents. Also it seems like my married sisters quit working to stay home and raise a family and take care of the household while their husbands work. I'm not sure I could accept such a life, but then again I'm still unemployed but to live on state benefits as well as on my husband isn't something I would agree to.

But I do love children even if I guess it's many more years left for me before I settle down with someone.. Have to find that special person first...

In most Western countries you normally only work from Monday to Friday not on Saturdays like you do in Korea.

Of course I might have to accept that I would have to stop working and stay home, if I was to marry a Korean man.. But I wouldn't just marry someone just for the sake of marriage alone and having children with someone just because I want to. To live of a supposed spouse or husband isn't a certainly good strategy thatr would help you get a job.

Trust me.

I do admire my 어머니and 아버지 because they never seem to complain about their life even if their life has been troublesome. For that I admire and respect them. They have also raised more then 10 children into good  people. For that I admire and respect them. I only wish I could be more them, like my Korean siblings.

It only took a few days upon arriving before I started to question if I really did make the right decision. The first few days I spent with Omma and Appa in the southern part of Korea. I hadn't planned to stay there for my entire stay so it was a little disappointing to say the least. That's when I considered making a hotel reservation in Seoul instead. But I didn't have to do that, I'm still in Seoul.

Generally Koreans aren't friendly towards foriegners that travels alone, but the warm welcome I recieved from my birth family was more than enough. I have also meet my oldest sister now and her children, but I don't think I'll get to see any of my brothers. While I'm here I'm going to spend time with my Korean friend from university. That'll be fun.

Maybe things will get better once I learn more Korean or maybe once I'm back home. Nothing beats home sweet home, right ? The subway here is very clean, more so than the Swedish one but it's not really safe for female solo tourists I've unfortunately been approached by several strange men askig me for sex and somehow people (men) things it's allright to touch me in the subway...

This doesn't exactly make want to come back for a  third time, although I know that might be neccessary if I truely want to commit to my birthfamily. Right now I just want the days to pass, so I can go home , sleep in my own bed not having to worry about my stuff going missing.

It's going to be interesting to see how many items of (my own) clothes I actually will be able to take with me back home. I guess I have to save my dirty laundry (just by new and then wash later at home) or they'll get little feet and move into my sisters wardrobe. Oh, maybe I'll have to do the same with my socks, luckily the clothes I brought are too big and way to inmoral for Korean women so I guess I don't have to worry about them.

Also I just remembered that I have an appointment later this month which means I should reconsider rebooking my ticket... I'm not going to be able to answer any comments before I'm back home. Sorry for that but now you know at least.

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Sunshine And Roses

Life According To

No comments:

Post a Comment