Thursday 22 September 2011

Culture Clash

I will not deny it; there has been situations were culture clashes has occured. They're used to other values and principles unlike the ones I know. But we're family so it's allright as long as we all do our very best.

A few days ago I visted the SWS office to look at my social study (the original one) and I never told my birth family about thinking they might get upset.... It's not to late I could still tell them, but maybe that would make more harm than good ?

My birth family cares about me and they want to know where I'm going, when I'm leaving but does that also include telling them exactly what I'm up too?

After only a few couple of days I had a bit of an argument with my birth siblings over something silly, which turned out to be nothing really. Just created out of cultural misunderstanding combined with different values and language gaps.

So, yeah my siblings and parents work a lot like 6 maybe even 7 days a week. And I feel bad because like once a week they are able to spend more time with me. Which was the reason that I came here in the first place but I'm in a Korea a country with a great culture and proud history. So chances are that I still would like to do the ordinary tourist activites, right ? And because I'm an adult it means I basically can take care of myself (during the day) but sometimes my plans might clash with birth families....

Like the other day when I had made an appointment with a friend on the same day that my birth family wanted me to go to another sister's house where we all should spend time togheter... Tricky, right !? Yeah, well that's an understatement.


©Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Adoptee In Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment