Thursday 8 September 2011

Sunshine And Roses

I've been in reunion for 10 years in theory but 2 years in real life. I'll probably be in a state of renuion for the rest of my life. And reunion , for me has been something I desperatly needed yet it has added far more drama to my life compared to my life pre reunion.
So no life in reunion for adoptees, certainly isn't sunshine and roses, it can be but far from all the time.

I have discovered that Koreans aren't really that friendly towards foreigners (especially if you're a young woman traveling alone) like me. Learned that first hand, had big meltdown the other day and almost considered rebooking my return ticket to a much earlier date.

Level of Hangul knowledge: constantly increasing.

Although I feel, uncomfortable and uneasy and strangely lonely and volnerable, I'm not sure about things any more. Everything I do seems to be wrong, I thought giving money on Chuseok to my siblings children was allright. It is a custom afterall, but maybe I'm not expected to follow that costum maybe I offended them instead of making them feel proud and happy...

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Life According To

2 comments:

  1. What a minefield for you! Thinking of you and hoping you get through ok.Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey E, it sucks to hear about those kinds of experiences you've encountered. I hope you can just dust your shoulders off and keep moving ahead.
    I just wanted to say I am in Seoul , have been since June,and would love to get together for a coffee or something. I have been reading your blog for sometime back in the usa and it's great you have linked so many other Kad blogs to yours ,very convenient! I've also commented a few times on various posts this past year. Have you been to Koroot yet? There are lots of cool kads visiting and living here in Seoul , so you don't have to feel totally alone in your experience ..
    Message me at my email if ya want .. Ciao


    You can message me privately at : rufseoul@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete