Sunday 25 September 2011

Please Speak Slowly

By now I've been to Dongdaemun, Namdaemung, Itaewon, Insadong, EHWA Women's University and Myeongdong more than twice and I still have many more days left. I have also visited the DMZ on one of those tourist tours. That was really challenging because people could see I was one of them by my appearance yet didn't speak their language.

Instead I used English, so I must be a foreigner yes ? Maybe Japanese...

Actually other KADS which I met at KoRoot some days ago presumed I was of mixed race Korean and Chinese or maybe even Japanese. But the thing is I'm not looks can decive you..

Maybe there's some sort of unwritten rules for adoptees and especially those who have met or reunited with their birth families.... Could it be considered ugly or bad (like bragging almost) when you mention you're birth family.. !? Maybe, just maybe I should stop talking about them but then what's the point about blogging ? I honestly don't know...

Yesterday I finally made it to the agency that sells DMZ tours and I booked a seat on one, on the same day I also went to the N Seoul Tower (completed the bear museum exibition and went to the observatory) then later I went Apgujung to look for that famous Swedish cafe called Fika. I found it and bought some Cinnemon buns back with me. One sister tasted it but supposedly didn't like the taste (normally) Cinnemon buns have a lot of butter , cinnemon and sugar maybe the taste was overhelming for her or something...

I did bring Swedish candy with me; Ahlgrens bilar, Daim, Gott och blandat and Djungelvral. Turns out they only liked the two out of them, the Swedish liquirice wasn't a big hit and they really hated the extra salty Djungelvral liqurice. It went in the trash !

Another thing I've noticed is that Koreans seems to overexaggerate their hygiene for example washing teeth after every meal and taking a shower twice day some days several times... I do wash my teeth twice a day after breakfast and before going to bed and in between no exemptions. ( I hope no one will be offended by my observation)....

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Adoptee In Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment