Monday 13 June 2011

The Maze

If I was to describe my opinion or standpoint of international adoption it for sure would be maze. Because that is honestly how I feel, the world isn't just black and white anymore. Some things are simply to complicated to be easilly dismissed.

And while there are certain aspects in adoption that generally makes people believe it truely would be better compared to if things was unchanged. That is mostly true since there are a lot of adoptees that benefits somewhat from adoption. But they also seems to lose out on other things at the expense of adoption.

Sometimes adoption does make me think that adoption is a market and the items for sale are innocent children and infants. I would consider myself lucky but I'm still very much aware of what I've lost because of someone's decision to place me up for adoption.

And thing that really hurts is that it wasn't anyone of my birth parents that made that decision, someone else made that decision for them acting as my birth father. How am I to get over that ? Yes, adoption can be seen as a sacrifice or unwanted gift but what if it never was considered a gift to begin with? Instead of a promised future that new life was yet another burden.. What then?

Please note that the last part including my personal family history shouldn't be seen as criticism to neither of my birth parents. They did their best, they were never bad people. As for my adoptive parents, they were just as innocent as my birth parents. I love all four of them and I blame neither. I just want to throw in another perspective into the mix.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

The Wall

The Weil

Adoption Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment