Monday 27 June 2011

Seoul Siblings

I'm a 입양아 which a lot of people are these days, and just like many other Korean 입양아 I have birth siblings. Birth siblings that are living in Seoul.  Even though we are siblings our lives are very different from each other.

I spend my days worrying about the future, clining on to the past to often while I really feel like I shouldn't do so since my Seoul siblings lives seems much hasher. Although I'm not sure who would give that kind of verdict.

They don't work 9 to 5, 8 days a week they work from somewhere around 10 til 7 six days a week. They only have free Sundays and only 3 payed vacation days per year. (The offical holidays is not included). If you fall sick, so you have to take time off from work they will take your sick days from your annual vacation... Yet if you're sick more then three days your employment might be in
jeopardy...

(Of course there's exceptions to almost everything and yes there are wealthy people as well as poor, homeless and working class people in Korea).

Which basically mean if you're really good at what you're doing chances are you can ask demands.


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Stubborness

Broken Record

Here I Come

Family Values

No comments:

Post a Comment