Friday 24 June 2011

Vacation Memories

Midsummer's Eve that's a really big Swedish summer holiday (which happens to be today). Because of this I thought it only fitting to share some vacation memories.
Have you ever gone on a vacation and somehow parts of it is still not forgotten ?
I for sure have.

Once many years ago my family and I went to Austria and my parents insisted on ordering the famous Wiener Schnitzel, while my brother and I has some posh pasta dish. When the food finally was ready the waiter came out with my parents dishes first. Turns out it was dishes from the kiddie menu and I think it's safe to say they presumed that it was for me and my brother...

The waiter got so surprised that he managed to poor almost all of the fries in my mother's lap (she was offered a free coffe..) and after a few minutes the chef came outside and stayed in the dinning room for quite some time. It seemed as he was looking strait into the corner he was standing in...

Could it have something to do the with the fact that there was a family there , where the children ate the adult's food while the adults ate from the kids menu?

Just last year while my parents and I were in Seoul, where we often had a breakfast/brunch which consisted of Coffe with Bagels from Starbucks or Donkin Doughnut (although there are other coffeshops there as well) like the Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf and Wendy's.

Once I recall my mother trying to place an order in which she accidentally replaced bagel with Beagle as in the dog... The poor employee didn't understand a thing until mum finally realized her mistake and succesfully ordered three bagels with coffe...


Or maybe it was Beagles she ordered ? No, I'm quite sure I didn't eat dog and coffe for breakfast every day in Seoul.

 (Oh, sorry mam we're not a dog kennel, if you insists of buying three Beagles try a Beagles kennel. We're a coffeshop we, serve coffe and tea but we do have bagels if that is what you mean...) which I suspect the poor guy might have thought...

Happy Midsummer's Eve , everyone!


© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

No Dairy

2 comments:

  1. You made choke on my Diet Coke, i laughed so hard!

    My oldest daughter always manages to order the most expensive thing on the menu …she has great taste in food. They waiter always looks at us like “she’s not really going to eat that is she?”

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome...

    Yeah, I know what you mean my dad says I'm an expert in ordering the most expensive dishfrom any menu which doesn't fail to often.

    Or at least I used to order like your oldest daughter...

    ReplyDelete