Friday 12 November 2010

Fresh Thoughts

Some say this others say that...

Honestly to be associated with an immigrant is not really that bad it is even prefered (if you have to choose between being treated as an immigrant or a foreigner). Or am I wrong?
Why should you be ashamed of being viewed as an immigrant when it really is what you are? Take Sweden for example where the only real ethnic Swedes are the Finnish Lapps. Is the xenophic influences getting to us adoptees as well? Or are we really that colourblind or ignoarant to our own heritage ?
I'm not sure too be honest.
But I can truthfully say that I'm probably more of an immigrant than a Swede despite the fact that my legal parents are Swedes. I don't know any Hangul yet or anything about Korean culture.

Like immigrant children that emigrates alone that is how I see myself, somewhat not completely. But I shouldn't be ashamed of it; that I am an immigrant because it's what I am...

 Now that I think about it it seems I have far more in common with them than I like too think. Children who emigrates alone have no security, no foundation of trust, no culture traditions or religion.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Story Of My Life

Random Rants

About Me

No comments:

Post a Comment