Wednesday 3 November 2010

What It Means

Yes, I'm adopted and yes I'm a reunited KAD.
So I was adopted to Sweden from Korea, I've lived my whole life minus a little over 2 months.
I don't know Korean yet but I hope I will learn...
I'm no expert in Korea; Korean soceity, culture, religion, traditions, history or politics.
Let's make that thing clear.
I've seen a few of the most popular K-dramas like My Girl, Green Rose and Sweet 18.
I'm willing to learn more about Korea but I suspect that this might take me my entire life or maybe not even be accomplished during my life time.

How can you be sure that a decision made years might not lead to a life long suffering? How to save a life ?

There are approximately 150000 -200000 Korean adoptees out there in the world, and we all have our different faiths and stories, but we share one thing; adoption and the separation. But make no mistake, all adoptees are ordinary peole, with differen opnions and lives. We all deserve the same amount of respect both from society at large but also from each other if we happen to have differing opinions we should respect that not bash out on each other. We can't expect all 200000 KADs to think, believe, behave and live exactly like ourself. The key word here seems to be respect.

In case I've offended some of you or come out too strong with my personal opinions I'm truely sorry and I hereby apologize to everyone...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Justification

No comments:

Post a Comment