Thursday 17 November 2011

Orphan Girl

When I was born the only people that once knew about me were my birth parents and one other person. Nobody else knew that I was to be born, I don't even know if they even expected me to be alive when I was born to start with let alone survive and continue to live on. But I did, although I did spend my first 100 days in an orphanage so my birth parents never had a chance to bond with me, or create memories with me. All they had was blurred memories and hope...

Therefore it might seem strange that I feel so strongly about my birth family since we logically have nothing else in common other then a last name and some unknown DNA. Some days I still wonder if the parents and the siblings that I met truely are my birth family, it's sometimes hard for me accept it as the truth... I don't know exactly why, could be because I never had the slightest memory or recollection of them but what do you expect from a newborn baby.

I guess that I managed to turn things around, seeing that my birth parents might not even have been aware of my health status.But I wasn't stillborn or dying or seriously sick, I was fine. I guess I was born as an underdog but now I'm pretty pleased with my life.
Now I appreciate the little things in life and I try too approach every day with a smile. (I'm the orphan girl that was reunited) and still in active reunion.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:
Repeating Destiny

Guesstimations

Geochang

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Elle for sharing your story with us. It is so important and helpful for all those involved in This Thing of Ours-Adoption. The issues of the heart, culture, minds, races, and so many things are complex. It takes hearing all sides to help deal with the emotions and mindsets, finding our own identity, helping children deal with "being adopted". All can learn from each other. I will add your blog to my bloglist. God Bless

    Don Gordon Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gordon, thanks for your add I hope it will be useful and maybe help someone...

    ReplyDelete