Sunday 13 November 2011

Trust

Totally unrelated but still important; Happy Father's Day !!!

I've been busy with a bit soul searching since my return to Sweden, and I realize that I'm too naïve for my own good sometimes, but also brutally honest. More importantly I discovered that I need to prioritize and also re-evalute my life. Simply speaking, I need to become more egoistic than I have been in the past.

It's not easy to live in active reunion with your birth family, I'm not sad anymore but I still worry and mourn. I think it's a part of life for many adoptees and not uncommon at all. Some of my friendships hasn't been exactly healthy , I realize that now. I don't blame either of them, fact is that negativity attracts negativity... And well need I say more... I'm not depressed or sad anymore, honestly I'm not. When you can't be the person that you really are with other people then I think that friendship might not really be that good.

I'm sorry I can't be there for you anymore like I used to be, I need to become my own hero. There'll never be a knight in shining armour on a white horse, those endings are only for fairytales. I don't think this is the end but this is going nowhere, one of us is gotta have to change...

What I'm trying to say is that when you have enough to deal with, it might not be such a good idea to surrond yourself with people that steal your energy.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:
Wish I Knew

Stalemates

Can I Do

End

No comments:

Post a Comment