Wednesday 5 October 2011

On Swedish Soil Soon

No, I'm still not back  in Sweden but  here's a list of what I should be doing or already have started;

  • started looking for work going on interviews
  • should have started my Korean language course in Sweden (the same time I went to Korea)
I also realised that there's many adoptees or KADs that returns to Korea for the same reason as I did, some even decide to study the Korean language while there. And well, I guess I'll miss the KAD community somewhat because none of my friends can understand my reason for going to Korea in the first place let alone how I define and think about my birth family. I'll return to blogging about what ever's going on inside my head in less time than you know...

There are a few places that I wanted to see that I got to see, and others that I went to more than once but also places I discovered while there. Places I might never have found... Next time I'll sign up early for Cheong Wa Dae, you have to sign up 10 days in adavance in order to get inside. Also bring your passport and ID, on the actual day. I'll try to visit Jeju and the Korean Folk Village but I'm pretty sure there's still many places in Korea that I have yet to discover...

I'll promise I will tell you when I'm going back for a third time, whenever that will be... I'm not only convinced but also determined that I'll return at least once more, possibly several more times. I have many reasons to want to visit again; my birth family is still growing, my siblings are starting their own families and having children themselves.

I have not reached that stage yet in my life, I'd like to graduate or at least have a permanent work and most importantly a partner I trust before even considering trying to start my own family... I also have yet to decide weither I prefer a Western boyfriend or a Korean boyfriend or maybe someone from another ethnicity... I say all this because I for one isn't sure and that may be because I still have to meet that special someone...

If I want to make my birth family proud then I guess it would be best to search for a Korean boy, but then again I can't accept to just get married to someone just because my birth parents tells me too. If the reason for my marriage would be to give them grandchildren, then I know for a fact that I can relax because my parents have 6 grandchildren and have been grandparents for more then 10 years now...

Once at KOROOT someone asked me what I liked most about my second trip, and I'm afriad I told a white lie because I didn't want to hurt anybody there with my real answer. I think my real answer is pretty obvious and I think the person that asked this knew it was a white lie...

No, I'm still in Korea and Seoul so please don't contact my through phone thank you very much (unless you now I'd like to here from you) or if you're in Korea too then you free to contact me.

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Familiar Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment