Tuesday 12 April 2011

First Impressions

To an untrained and unaware eye I know that I could quite easilly be mistaken for an Asian foreigner and more particularly Asian woman, you know those women that are desperatly trying to become someone's Asian bride. I don't think there's that many that might percieve me like that, at least I hope not but I know there are those men that make that assumption and presume they can approach with peculiar questions and requests.

To most Swedes I believe they realize that I'm no where near that kind of women. My values of life are in fact very different. Of course I like to find love some day down the line, but I wouldn't settle for just anyone and I'd rather get to know the person first. That could take days or weeks or it could take months or even years, you can't know beforehand.

I do think I could become a good mother but that's not my ultimate goal in life, I also believe in equaility between a man and a women. I don't necessarilly need a marriage or church wedding to validate my future relationship. Yet I do understand the legal protection that inhibits. But I don't have to get marred just for the sake of out.

Having children seems like something most people consider a biological right, but fact is that it's a preveilage even though some consider it be the next step forward in a relationship. It doesn't have to be, a life without children is not the end of the world.

I once was adopted to foreign country, I now love my new parents, yet the reunion doesn't in any way annul the love I continue to feel from my adoptive parents just as the love, compassion and sense of belonging shouldn't be patronized. I'm very much Swedish yet I'm also partially or very much Korean and on top of that a European raised woman.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Almost

Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment