Sunday 19 September 2010

Please Read

My blog Vocabulary.

Please read this if; it’s your first time on this blog.
This blog is run by me a reunited KAD, not an authority or organization. I write about life in Sweden, my thoughts, experiences and feeling. Because internationally adopted is not as easy people generally thinks.

Greatfulness, gratitude or anything similiar is not a word I try too use so please try to avoid using this word.
God/Jesus/Allah/Muhammed/Buddha what have you, these words don’t belong on this so don’t bring it up here. The only time religion might be discussed is if I bring up Korea's religion.
Please note ; stupid questions will get... stupid answers!!!???

Better of... expressions like better of now will not be tolerated, whatsoever.
Happier now.../here or whatever is also not an expression I’m found of.
Go back home... don’t get me started in this comment, you don’t know how many times that thought has crossed my mind. But going  back home for me is not easy since I do at times not know where I’m supposed to be. Ultimately I don’t know where my real home is.
You’re an immigrant... well, yes I would like to call myself an immigrant since I’m not an ethnic Swede first of all but also since I have another cultural or ethnical belonging.
You’re adoptive parents aren’t you’re real parents... Seriously if you choose to say this too me here or in person. You’ve seriously crossed the line... I’m aware of the reasoning, but then let me ask what’s real? Is it really that easy?
You was adopted since you were a girl...well yes, indircetly it is true but try too say this too my face and well.. you’ll be very sorry.
You’re birth parents didn’t love you... again seriuosly you don’t want this discussion with me. So don’t start it.
Important facts, please read this before asking questions...


1.I was adopted to Sweden from Korea at a very young age, my birth mother never even got too see my or hold me after my birth. They never knew what I looked like, they didn’t even choose my personal name... Instead my adoptive parents who I sometimes call adoptive parents, Swedish parents mum or dad ; mother and father. They’re the people that’s that’s my parents. They’ve raised me learned me everything I know, apart from my vivid memories from Korea and my appearances and DNA I do feel more Swedish then Korean at times.
2. I was raised with a younger adoptive brother in Sweden, he is the brother I was raised with and has grown to love unconditionally dispite no real blood relation.
3. No, I will never truly understand or consent too families in Sweden having big families because we don’t need children in order to survive so don’t attack me with comments about that.
4. No, I don’t think I ever will support inter country adoption, at least not in cases were there is a complete family in involved one way or another. I believe its better to try too focus on improving and strengtening the living conditions within the country and only resort to inter country adoption as a last resort. When no other option is available.
5. Personally speaking I don’t believe I would ever be able to resort to inter country adoption if I was unable to have biological children. But I may at one time change my mind, but as of right now that’s not very likely...
6. Being reunited with your birth family is never easy and don’t give me advice on that topic unless I havn’t asked for it...
7. None of the published pictures is up for grabs. I will not tolerate it.
8. If you would like to contact me please leave a comment and I might get back to you.
9. Get you’re facts straight if you’re legally adopted your legal parents are called adoptive parents if you weren’t legally adopted you’re parents wouldn’t legally be yours then they would be called foster parents.!!??
10.Only expection from the rules are; people who have meet me in person, knows me really well or is either a friend or family member

♥챠금은안녕. Bye for now.♥

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

2 comments:

  1. I have a 4 year old KAS and in process of adopting our daughter who is now 11 months old and won't come home until January. We will be traveling to Korea to meet her. There is so much more on the Internet now than when we adopted our son and so mch more to think about. I love your blog, your openess and your honesty and would be honored to accept ANY advice or thoughts you might have on raising adopted children. We are in the US. We are taking Korean language classes and intent to have our children do the same. We have even talked about moving the family to Korea for a few years. To immerse ourselves
    In th language and culture etc. I know we can never give Korea back to our kids or erase the hurt they will feel fromtheir history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie thanks for stopping by and thanks for the compliment. Yes it's much more information about adoption and also Korea these days...
    I would have liked it if my parents asked me if I would be interested in learning Korean as a child, they didn't. I had to learn that it would be possible to learn it through school years later by then it was to late... Instead I'm trying to learn it now. There's no way of knowing if your children will identify, appreciate or like to learn Korean but I think it's good that you have an openness to their heritage.

    I'm no expert but I would consider giving you more advice any time. You can contact me at gmail it's the same name as the blog title.

    ReplyDelete