Monday 2 April 2012

Christina, Queen of Sweden

Christina, was the daughter of the Swedish King Gustavus Adolphus or Gustav II Adolph of Sweden and his wife Queen Maria Eleonora of Brandenburg. She was to become the only surviving child out of at least four children born and later she succeded her father on the throne and become queen of Sweden.

What's so remarkable is that she never married and yet managed to rule her kingdom and her people  until 1952 when she willingly choose to abdicate her throne to become a devoted Catholic and thus moved to Italy where she later died in 1689.

I think it's interesting with feamle leaders that has such a strong principles like Jeanne D'Arc and Elizabeth the I just as I think highly of women in power positions that chooses to remain unmarried even if society and time demanded otherwise.

Maybe this makes me an angry feminst...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:




Jeanne D'Arc

Elizabeth I

No comments:

Post a Comment