Saturday 15 June 2013

Birthmothers

What defines a mother let alone a parent ..? Is it the invested time and love or is it DNA and biology?
Sometimes I consider myself to have no parents at all since my birthparents relinquished me hours after being born. And the woman that I call mum is nothing more than a stranger to me, meaning that she is not related by blood.

Yet she raised me, knows my flaws and obsticles in life while the person I would like to be able to call Omma without getting raised eyebrows and feelings of worry is something that I cannot do. Because that woman , the other woman who gave birth to me she is not supposed to be called Omma at least not by me...

My Omma is to me now only the person who brought into the world, I used to call her my birthmother but while the term itself sounds rather clinical. I cannot even use the label mother even though I love her as a mother.


Read Lori Jane's post and conclussion on birthmothers here .            



No comments:

Post a Comment