Wednesday 11 February 2015

Slipping Through My Fingers

I know what I want and how to get it. I cannot rest and settle down until my soul find peace and my heart discovered happiness that lies within. To me life is so extremely short-that we only have one chance to reach our dreams and full potential. I will not let this just slip through my fingers because I may only get one shot.

To me my lifedream is my number one priority-I will sacrifice a stable future and even love to reach my dream.

For 15 years I was separated and detached from them, 15 years ago I found them and got to know them. But no matter what I lost 15 years, years that I never will get back. I have been in reunion with my birth family for half my life. Which is not easy I should add, I am the second youngest child and youngest daughter out of eight.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your post over on Lost Daughters, but decided to post my comment here instead.

    If it will make you feel any better, things other than adoption can separate siblings. I am the oldest of 5. All of us grew up together -- but, as adults, we are pretty widely separated. The sister next younger than me and I are close. The three younger ones -- not so much. Our youngest sister lost the cancer battle last fall. The relationship between her and my brothers seemed to be close. The relationship between her and our other sister and me was strained. The relationship between my brothers and the two of us older girls is basically non-existent, even though one of them lives only a few miles from me. Now that our parents and sister are gone, there is a good chance I will never hear from them again, unless they need something from me. (We had brief, but strained, contact, during Mom's last few months; before that, we went years with zero communication.)

    I would love to be closer to my brothers and their families, but they don't seem to want it that way, and I have to accept that. We do have totally different interests, lifestyles, and goals as adults -- basically nothing in common except blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your discretion (and your comment). You are correct there are many other things that can separate siblings, not just adoption.

    ReplyDelete