Saturday 1 October 2011

What Now

I'm still in Korea going back home in a couple of days, I'm confident I'll be going back to Korea in 2 years time at the most. If I'll see my birth family then remains to be seen...

In that many years a lot could happen , things that could prevent me from going back for a third time. Marriage and pregnancy seems to be the only things that could keep me from going back. That's seems to only be hypothetical. But whoever ends up with me has to respect the importance of my birth family and if given choice I'll much rather go to Korea any time then of to some sunny place on some expensive charter holiday. Hey, man I'm only 25 and still a naïve girl in many ways, I still have much to learn about life and myself and basically every aspect of life.

I know I'll be back here some day, I need to come again because I seem to have so many unfinished things left to do for and with not only my siblings but also birth parents. I might not be back tomorrow, or by next year but I want to be able to come back. Some day, I might even take my family here... that's how important my  birth family is to me and not neccesserilly Korea. Of course Korea is important too, because I was born here, it would have been the place where I grew up and it would have been it's language that I would have learned.. All that was not to be for me, I have to go after that myself several years later.

Ultimately my goal is to be able to speak Korean fluently without assisstance from a translator/interpretor or encyclopeadia. I want to be able to hold a phone conversation with them some day...

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Why Now

No comments:

Post a Comment