Wednesday 19 October 2011

Korea In My Heart

It's tricky sometimes to be adopted, especially if you start developing feelings that you are certain will hurt your own parents... And just for the record I'm talking about my second set of parents (my adoptive parents). I know I probably shouldn't feel the way I do because I sort of ended things with my siblings in a bad way, but even so I still feel a much stronger connection to Korea now compared to what I did last year.

Fact is I not only want to go back, I want to start a life there.. I felt weird because of all of these strange feelings I also thought my dad especially would try to stop me from persuing my plans but it turns out that he will support me if it really is what I want. And it is I'm certain now, convinced even. Of course since I was raised in Sweden they would feel better if I decided to settle down a couple of hours from them or at least in Sweden. But I think that's not likely to happen...

I'm not sure if I'd like to live in Korea until I die but I know I want to live there for at least a couple of years. Not just like a tourist or student. But for real, permanently.

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

My Confession

Keith Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment