Thursday 6 October 2011

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover

I'm still in Seoul and a few days ago I experienced my first major argument with three of my sisters.
What happened was that I meet some Swedes at KOROOT and decided to spend the day with them, it felt so comforting to speak my native language again. And they seem to be really nice people... It was just the perfect ending on what previously had been really stressful days.

I ended up staying out with them until the next morning, when it was 12PM at night my sister made an hysterical phone call and ordered me to get back home right away. But somehow I didn't I ended up staying out several hours after my curfew. I came home in the morning, after having decided it would be better to go home then to stay out until the next evening.

In the morning we had the big argument, my sisters seemed to be really hurt and upset even though I didn't understand I could tell they were. I thought they would kick me out on the street so I suggested I'd go to a youth hostel but my siblings didn't like that idea saying it was dangerous. So eventually they gave me a choice: to stay or go to a youth hostel.

But now I have a curfew and I guess I can't go out drinking (or stay out that late again)... Maybe I'll have to move out and in to KOROOT but this was totally not how imagined or wanted to end my second trip. Saying goodbye with an argument doesn't seem that intelligent to be honest and I wanted them to only have found memories of me...

© Taste of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Culture Clash

No comments:

Post a Comment