Friday 30 September 2011

How To Get Nate Cyworld

Getting Nate (Cyworld) (as a foreigner) is a bit complicated because you need to show identification and also fax the application not mail it! I've been a bit apprehensive towards that but I might try to get a Nate account at some point. Maybe while I'm here or back in Sweden.

Yesterday would have been my Name Day (Namnsdag) in Swedish, the name my adoptive parents gave me 25 years ago was in the almanack yesterday. Which means it was my Name Day, but this year I'm not sure if it will be celebrated because of my name change...

It's a pretty long story, I've also realized how fortunate I am to still have a lasting relationhip with my birth family after over 10 years.. That's a pretty long time I know and furthermore I'm grateful because my birth family decided to take me in when I was on a month long visit in Korea, it seems not many adoptees are that fortunate. I know many adoptees don't even find their birth parents (even if they want to)... so I managed to find my birth family when I was 16 years old. That's how old our relationhip are, so maybe I'm only 9 years old to them... !?

It seems it's very rare for adoptees to be given the oppertunity to stay with their birth family while on vacation here. I realise just how much my birth parents and siblings really care, it makes me feel loved , proud and very grateful. They really must love me unconditionally because even though are not that well off they still insisted on giving me a place to stay so they also support me in this. Or so I like to believe, and they try the best they can but I know just how deep their love must be for me. I will treasure this trip forever, whatever happens I will always know there are so many people here that loves me. The best thing about the trip wasn't the food, the different culture or anything similar. No it was the little things, like having breakfast that my sister made, seeing my siblings at work, spending time with my parents.

I just hope they realize exactly how fortunate and lucky I feel, I hope they don't think I'm taking things for granted or acting spoiled. If it would have been another trip, then I suppose I would have been able to enjoy spending time in my parents home. It's just that this time , it wasn't what I planned for.

Oh, some people some time back, told me I basically was cursed because I was born as the 7th daughter but it seems to have been untrue because number 7 is a lucky number in Korea too...

© Taste Of Kimchi, Elle

Related posts:

Korean Way Of Living

No comments:

Post a Comment